The larger community of Beaufort is also home to world-class amenities.
Located within an hour’s drive to Hilton Head and Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia, Beaufort has a historic waterfront downtown, moss-draped oak trees lining the streets, a thriving arts and cultural scene, and a rich heritage. Interested in learning more about Beaufort living? We’ve provided links to key resources below.
- Visiting Beaufort – Looking for a place to stay while you’re in town, activities or restaurant recommendations? The town’s website offers a comprehensive look at all Beaufort has to offer, from museums and tours to dining and nightlife.
- Healthcare – The town is home to Beaufort Memorial Hospital, a Duke Medicine affiliate in cardiac and cancer treatment. You’re always a short drive away from exceptional medical care.
- Area Schools – The Beaufort County School District has earned a reputation for top-quality education. The district is focused on teaching students to survive in today’s increasingly complex, global economy. Teachers and administrators work closely with parents to create a personalized approach to education. Beaufort also offers a wide variety of youth after-school programs, leadership programs, recreational activities and health initiatives. Because of all this, Beaufort County was recently named one of the Best 100 Communities for Young People by America’s Promise Alliance.
- Beaufort News – Locals rely on the Island Packet and Beaufort Gazette for the news, sports and weather information. The Gazette has been keeping locals informed since 1897, producing a daily print newspaper and up-to-the-minute online news.
- Beaufort County – The Beaufort County website provides all the municipal information you need, including tax information, helpful links and community resources.
Discover Bluffton, Heart of the Lowcountry
The Town of Bluffton is located in Beaufort County, the southernmost coastal county in South Carolina. It is situated on a high bluff overlooking the May River, a pristine waterway that has strongly contributed to the Town’s history and continued success. Bluffton is located just 12 miles west of Hilton Head Island, SC and approximately 20 miles northeast of Savannah, GA.
- Visiting Bluffton – Home of character, and to characters, Bluffton’s quirky side shines with its own blend of genuine hospitality and artistic eccentricity. Bluffton fills the soul of the traveler with a sense of place that not only captures the charm of a time past, but also brings it full circle into the present.
- The Bluffton Public Development Corporation strives to provide companies with the information and tools they need to achieve their development, expansion, or relocation goals.
- Schools – Bluffton is also part of the The Beaufort County School District.
- The Town of Bluffton website provides all the municipal information you need, including tax information, helpful links and community resources.